http://www.ndaviess.k12.in.us/elemshare/Teachers/jweathers/Medieval.htm
I think this is a pretty great webquest for 6th graders. The criteria is mapped out and easily accessed. There are many different roles that the students must play in order to complete the webquest giving the students a broad understanding of the different roles of society in medieval culture. The creator of the webquest gave the students charts to write down their info while they researched. There was a formidable assessment at the end that's not just a standardized test with a complete rubric. Also all the resources were right there for the students online and with book citations. Overall this webquest was very comprehensive, job well done.
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I enjoyed that you choose a webquest directed at 6th graders. I don't think that many teachers think that webquests are useful or able to be used by young middle school students. I also liked that there was a way for students to organize their research as it happened, so they were trying to remember everything as it happened. Good choice.
ReplyDeleteI'm getting some strange glitchy behavior around the area of that beautiful scrolling marquee... the text is blinking and stuff. SeizureRobot-esque.
ReplyDeleteI like how it uses popular culture to make the lesson more relevant for students. I think 6th graders would enjoy Ever After even though Drew Barrymore's one of those annoying sidetalkers... but yeah, I am obviously running out of things to say about webquests so umm, good choice?