Thursday, October 15, 2009

Liverpool.

Just to get it out of the way... the bills suck and it's time to rebuild again. Thats the end of that. Anyways my roommates Rachael, Lindsy, and Lenora visited Liverpool last weekend. It was a blast! It is the Mecca for all Beatles fans. It was two full days of the Beatles (with an hour set aside to go to a slavery museum... i'll talk about that later). We went to authentic Beatles shops, a Beatles museum, took a Beatles cab tour around to where they met, and where they grew up. We spend some time on Matthew Street which is pretty much an entire street dedicated to the memory of the Beatles. We went to the Cavern Club, where the Beatles played 292 shows, and saw a John Lennon impersonator who was very good. We also went to a John Lennon memorial museum that had postcards he had written to his family, clothing he had worn, and all sorts of other stuff. I pretty much filled up my 2 gig memory card in my camera on Beatles stuff. As soon as we get the internet at our place i'll be putting up my London and Liverpool pictures. The phone company pretty much screwed us over. We have a phone line but they gave us the wrong plan or something to it costs a ton to call internationally, and they said they couldn't install internet for another three weeks; even though they were supposed to do it on the 5th. Our landlord is probably going to take the company to court. Anyways... the slavery museum... it was exactly what you would expect. Relics, testimonies from slaves, diagrams, maps, models of plantations, the whole bit. Thats really all I have to say about that. As far as life goes... it's good. I'm really enjoying my time here. Mostly everyone I have met has been very kind. School is going well... although I never really want to go. I'd rather walk around the city or enjoy awful British television. It's probably going to rain soon which is not cool. I really don't have too much more to say right now. 3 hours of talking about The Cold War would tire anybody out. So until next time... goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment