Monday, November 2, 2009

Update on my life.

I haven't blogged in a while... so you think I would have a lot to say; but I don't. Life in Manchester is still pretty fantastic. I still haven't had one bad day yet while i've been here. School is going ok, but I hate going because i'd rather be doing other things. The people here have been great, although I get some strange questions. For example I was asked on Halloween if "there are Mounties in Buffalo." Not sure if I spell that right but, you know, those CANADIAN police who ride around on horses, thats what I am talking about. That girl thought since we are so close to the border that we would have been influenced by our Canadian friends. Her friends made her feel stupid before I had the chance. Also when I say i'm from Buffalo, NY, people always say how much they love Brooklyn and how scary the Bronx is. I let all that slide though and just agree. Last week I saw two amazing bands both starting with the letter P. Phoenix and Portugal. the Man were both amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better time. For Halloween, I didnt really have a costume so a friend of mine and I went to the costume store and I picked out random things. I had people who said I looked like Zorro and I had people who said I looked like the Hamburgaler. There are/will be pictures on facebook so you can make your own decisions. I still have more pictures from Liverpool that I need to put up... i'll get to it. I'm going to Italy on Friday with Rachael, we'll be meeting Sean, Lindsy, Lenora, and our friend Chris there. I think we are going to Pisa, Venice, and Florence. Also in December I'll be going to Amsterdam with Sean, Cassandra, and our friend Tamara (hopefully I spelled her name right, too lazy to look it up.) It's my reading week (aka a week that we are given to catch up on homework, but since I don't really have any it's a week to sleep until 2 or 3), so that should be pretty neat. I miss my telecaster a lot. It sucks only being able to play my acoustic all the time, but without it I probably would have tried jumping out of my 4th story window (its 3rd story in England because they have the "ground floor" then the next floor up is the 1st floor). I still have not eaten a crumpet. I do not have swine flu. My room is a mess. I'm still not one hundred percent sure what people here are saying all the time (for instance I met a kid from Wales on Halloween, I understood about every 7th word he said... nice person though.) Thats about it. Until next time.

PS. All my roommates and a friend of mine said I had a horrible diet because everything I eat needs to be microwaved. So I cooked my own dinner tonight. Rice, cucumber, onions, yellow peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes with salmon and Thai chili sauce. It wasn't terrible, but it could have been a lot better if I "read directions" or "looked up how to properly cook the meal."

1 comment: