Monday, September 28, 2009
London!
My new friends and I visited London for the weekend, and we had a blast. We took the bus there, which was a four hour bus ride. After taking a couple buses within the last couple weeks I have realized it is impossible to sleep on a bus. Anyways when we got into London we took the "tube" aka the subway to get on another bus to get to the bed and breakfast we were staying in. From what I observed we were staying in a West Ham supporting bar. For those of you who don't know... West Ham is a soccer (football) team in the English Premier League. I'll be honest... we weren't staying in the best part of town but it was the cheapest place we could find. We woke up very early both days to catch a lovely breakfast provided by the nicest old woman we had ever seen. On Saturday we took the train back into London and we did bus tours. We saw pretty much all the major parts of London in which when we get wifi at our apartment I will be posting over 200 photos. When evening came we decided to take a ghost tour of London, in which our tour guide Phil took us around to famous places in London and Westminster where ghosts have been seen, and also to his favorite pubs. The pubs were not included in the tour guidelines but I think Phil just likes to drink on the job. None the less we had a great time listening to his ghost stories and grabbing beers with him. He took us to a Sherlock Holmes pub where I had a Sherlock Holmes ale... which was delicious by the way. After getting a couple more beers and dinner we headed back to our place and crashed. On Sunday we did a very long Beatles walk which was guided by a slightly hung over Phil. We saw many monumental places in Beatles as well as rock history. We saw places the Beatles played, where the Stones were discovered by record labels, the venue where Jimmy Hendrix did his last live performance 2 days before his death with the singer from The Animals, which is ironically the same place where The Clash members Joe Strummer and Mick Jones started The Clash waiting in line to see Tom Waits... and the same place where Genesis signed their first record contract. We saw the old Apple studios where The Beatles played their last live performance, and the studio where amazing bands such as Queen, Elton John, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, and many others recorded some of their most popular hits. If you couldn't tell... I really enjoyed this tour. We also went on the London Eye, which is pretty much a very large Ferris wheel that you can overlook all of London on. That was pretty neat. Overall I had an amazing time. It couldn't have been better in my opinion. In other news I start classes tomorrow at the crack of 1 p.m. which is nice. My other two classes will start at 10 a.m. on Wednesday and Thursday which is quite early considering I have to catch an hour long bus ride to school but oh well. It's only one class each day. On a separate subject can someone please let me know through any social networking portal how the Bengals beat the Steelers? In what crazy, upside down world did that happen in? Also even though the Bills lost, everyone knew it was going to happen so I am not that disappointed. I would also like to commend the Detroit Lions on their victory. I never lost faith. That's all for now. Ok bye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds awesome Anth!!
ReplyDelete