Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Mullet finds a home.

I arrived in Manchester a couple days ago. It was strange because there wasn't anybody in the customs area so Cliff and I pretty much walked into the country unnoticed. After catching a cab I finally arrived at my new apartment. I mean no offense to my home in Buffalo because it is my HOME and there is no other place I would be more proud to call my home, but wow this place is much nicer (and much more expensive). I now live pretty much a duplex house with 5 other (amazing) people. It's funny how comfortable I feel around my new roommates, and I am not complaining about that. I have a feeling we are going to get on just fine as long as i'm not to much of a bother. My room is on the third floor and it is HUGE. I have a big bed about quadruple the closet space I would ever need. I even have a vanity area! I doesn't think ive looked in the mirror yet but I feel like i'll have to at some point. We live in a very nice area of town full of little shops and pound stores (kind of like a dollar store). We live in an area enriched with Muslim culture which I am very excited about. Apparently a couple of politicians live near us and apparently we live about a 5-10 minute walk from where some of the members of Oasis grew up. I don't really listen to them but it's cool none the less. As far as school goes, I am excited to start. The school is centered in downtown Manchester, about 40 minutes away from where I live. The public transportation here is amazing though so it is not a problem getting here. Downtown Manchester is... how should I put this... spectacular? Better than spectacular? I don't know... but you get the point. I talked to a guy who was helping out with orientation who used to be in a band and he informed me that the local music scene here is fantastic. I'll be taking his reccomendations on places to frequent while I'm here. Plus Regina Spektor, the Yeah Yeah, Yeahs, Phoenix, ETID, and others will be playing local venues during my stay here. Excited? You bet your ass I am! Until next time... so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment